Thursday, September 10, 2009

Science Quotes.. Food for thought???

"We know very little, and yet it is astonishing that we know so much, and still more astonishing that so little knowledge can give us so much power.
Bertrand Russell (1872-1970) English philosopher, mathematician."


I came across this quote and I was very inspired and it kinda make me think a lot on this. Based on the researches done, we human are only using 5% of the real capacity of our brain. Imagine that!!! Look at the things around us! There are so many inventions that if we were to catalog every creation, it would be impossible! Don't know how many terabyte of memory would be needed to store the data. It make me realise one thing, not everything is impossible! Nothing is impossible with God. He gave us the ability to use only 5% of our brain and look at the earth right now. It is near to its end already. The earth is already slowly dying. Hence the quote, so little knowledge can give us so much power. Power to build, create and also destroy!
As teacher-to-be, I need to be ready to equip myself with not only the knowledge but also principals and moral values that I can impart into the pupils. I cannot just teach them the knowledge but also how to use the knowledge!
That is the revelation for the day.... What will I learnt tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment